Long Term Safety
Your Homes Resale Value
When considering an upgrade for your home, think long term. A railing installation is one way to increase property value and curb appeal. Renovations are one way to increase property value for homes and residences. Both interior and exterior renovations are used, but it’s often the projects for the home’s exterior that have the biggest impact on first impressions, curb appeal, and buyers’ interest. With the right selection, railings can add both aesthetic and functional value to a property. They are environmentally friendly, low maintenance, classy and add that touch of modern to your decor.
The Difference is in the Details:
REGAL ALUMINUM VS. WOOD
Regal Aluminum Railings will always look as good as the day they were installed and are virtual maintenance free. No yearly painting or staining required like wood railing systems, and no need to worry about aging safety concerns. Regal ideas applies powder coating to the bottom of all our post bases to prevent corrosion from ACQ pressure treated materials. No gaskets, spacers or post inserts required like other systems.
Regal ideas railing systems add value to your home while keeping you and your family safe.
Wood Railings are known to:
- Splinter, crack and twist within the first few years
- Prone to insect infestation
- Contribute to deforestation
- Long term, can be expensive and time consuming to maintain
- Can become a safety hazard if not maintained
- Will NOT add value to your home
REGAL ALUMINUM VS. COMPOSITE
Regal ideas aluminum railing systems are easy to install and are made from 100% pure aluminum alloys. The railing system will not warp or flex and the powder coat finish will not crack, chip or stain, unlike other railing systems.
No need to measure for railing heights, the Regal ideas posts come with the brackets pre-welded and take the guess work out of the installation. The Regal ideas aluminum railing systems have been proven to install in 1/3 less time than most composite railing systems.
Composite Railings are known to:
- Usually made from plastic and wood fibers
- Time consuming to install
- Discolor and fade over time
- Prone to mold and mildew
- Need periodic cleaning
REGAL ALUMINUM VS. VINYL
Regal ideas manufactures high performance railing systems that resists the tests of time and weather. Vinyl railing systems can be severely affected by extreme temperatures, shrinking and expanding, causing cracking and discoloration in its early years. With the Regal ideas systems, the VOC Free powder coating resists harsh weather conditions and heat, maintaining its beautiful finish and color.
Vinyl Railings are known to:
- Fade, discolor and prone to chaulking
- Expand and contract with temperature changes
- Require post inserts
- Crack and flex easily
- Limited color options
REGAL ALUMINUM VS. STEEL
Rust and corrosion are two things you are guaranteed to see on a steel railing system. Regal ideas railing systems are made from 100% pure high strength aluminum alloys that will never rust or corrode, therefore never jeopardizing safety or the integrity of the system. Regal ideas aluminum railing is approved for up to 12 storey use in a Multi-Family applications.
Steel Railings are known to:
- Corrode and rust easily
- Fade and discolor over time
- Usually are prefabricated and welded systems
- Heavy, difficult to transport and carry
- Special tools required to cut and grind
- Has to be repainted every few years
- Limited color options
REGAL ALUMINUM VS. OTHER ALUMINUM SYSTEMS
The difference is in the details! Although, many aluminum railing systems may look similar, make sure you do you homework before purchasing to ensure you are purchasing the system that is right for you, as not all systems are made or perform equally.
Regal ideas Aluminum Railing:
- Patented Locking System, eliminates use of screws in pickets
- Posts have pre-welded brackets for top and bottom rails
- Post base plates are powder coated
- 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ and 4″x4″ posts available
- 3/4″ pickets and 6mm tempered glass panels
- Tempered Glass meets Miami-Dade Florida Hurricane wind load requirements
- Glass panels available from 6″ to 66″ wide (in 3″ increments)
- Can easily switch between pickets and glass panels
- Maximum span between posts for picket railing is 8ft
- Multi-Family use up to 12-storeys
- One system used for residential and commercial
- Aluminum post base covers
- Interchangeable decorative options
- Average install time: 2-3 hours for medium size deck
Other Aluminum Railing Systems:
- Pickets need to be screwed into top and bottom rails to pass code requirements
- Top and Bottom Post brackets need to screwed at proper heights
- Post base plates require rubber gaskets when used on ACQ treated wood.
- Varies: usually 2″x2″ and 3″x3″ posts
- 5/8″ pickets and 5mm tempered glass panels
- Glass panels limited to 4 or 5 sizes
- Limited versatility to switch between products
- Maximum span between posts for picket railing is 6ft
- Multi-Family use: N/A
- Residential and commercial systems are different
- PVC post base covers
- Limited decorative options
- Average install time: 6-8 hours for medium size deck